Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Leveling out?

Not sure why but it seems we have both leveled out in the last couple weeks.  Two things that I think have helped is that David got a raise so his stress levels about money have dropped and I have been strick with my boundaries (aka rules). 

David has also finally seen the Phychiatrist.  The doctor diagnosed him as OCD and with Anxiety disorder.  They recommended Paxil for him and he has started his dosage a couple days ago and will be full dosage in a couple days. 

He told me he feels a little numb but I told him his mind and anxiety has probably been so loud and complicated in his head to not have as much would seem strange.  He needs to realize most people can do simple tasks without list making and going through ever scenario. 

I have said it before...I wonder what it sounds like in his head.  Recap of a strory I think I posted before...but when David was taking a test for grad school he kept scoring lower than all of his practice tests.  He finally scored high enough to get accepted at one of his choices but he had already paid for one more test (you could retake it like the SAT).  With no pressure or anxiety about this test since he was already accepted he scored 30% higher than any other test he had taken and then got into his first choice school.  His anxiety had frozen his potential. 

Hopefully all of these items will help. 

I have started to get my appetite back.  Yesterday for the first time in months I was HUNGRY.  I even craved a specific food and it tasted good.  I take these all as good signs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment