Monday, July 11, 2011

All work and no play...

Makes for a dull marriage.  And a dull marriage is a good thing.  We are puttering along and supporting each other but not micro managing each other. 

Don't get me wrong.  It is hard.  Juggling everything while still keeping it a secret from family and most friends.  I will say if I have to go to one more baby shower I will scream. 

Our poor house has been an innocent victim of our recovery.  We have neglected the yard, the painting, the cleaning, the grocery shopping, everything.  We have now started putting some energy into making it the house we wanted when we bought it over a year ago.  First thing...kill the weeds that are taking over our yard.  We tried ourselves for the last year (half heatedly at best) and have finally called in the experts.  It will no longer be an embarrassment. 

As far as our relationship...we have had two major fights and had sex once.  For 6 weeks that is not awful.  Anger is the cause for both of those statistics.  I am still working very hard on my anger towards David. 

Oh...Finally...just to add more stress...my mother's cancer is probably back after being in remission for over 5 years.  I didn't even say "it can't get any worse!" 

Prayers welcomed for her recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment