Sunday, January 16, 2011

Back to the real world

My fears with leaving David were semi unfounded.  He is working his butt off at work so he didn't have time to give in to a relapse.  He has his compulsive side and it can work towards good sometimes.

I got stuck in Florida with the southeastern storm locking up all ways out.  The trip was longer than expected and he still did good.  The bad news is that we live somewhere in the southeast and his first Psychiatrist appointment had to be postponed due to bad weather.  SOOOO he still hasn't gotten professional medical treatment. 

My appointments were all messed up too but the one hiccup we had was that David missed his SAA appointment because he figured if he couldn't show that he went what was the point.

Sigh.

He did go this week and I had to establish the boundary that he is to go to every SAA meeting unless he is told by his doctor not to or has a meeting with a boss that he can prove with an email or voicemail.

He says going to SAA makes him feel bad but I think that is a good thing.  You need to remember what could have been to appreciate where you are.

Like someone who has lost a ton of weight keeping an unflattering fat photo of themselves on the fridge.  It doesn't take a lot to fall back into bad (and very established) habits. 

He went to SAA this week.  We are talking so much more than before. 

I can honestly say I missed him.  And he said the same and for once I feel I wasn't just getting lip service. 

2 comments:

  1. The tone of this post seems so much more positive than your previous posts. I hope that means progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Todd. I am tentatively hopeful. We talk a lot more now and that helps the most. Just scared the other shoe is going to fall.

    ReplyDelete