Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Visit to the Divorce Lawyer

Yesterday was a hard day.  I did something I always hoped would never happen.  Even when I first found out about David's addiction I hoped that a lawyer visit would not be part of our recovery.

Visited a divorce lawyer to work on the separation agreement.  In our state you have to be separated for 12 months before you can file for dissolution. 

What a lot of people do is get a separation agreement that goes over what is done with what during the separation and then what happens after the divorce.  If you don't agree before the divorce is filed you then let the courts decide. 

Since this is not a clear case of adultery it is a bit stickier but due to the long history of email and chat and phone records I have and the fact that this was him messing up his second chance I have a good case to get what I want in the divorce and separation.

I am suffering from "indignities" and that is grounds for divorce. 

I want to get all of our terms on paper not only to protect me and my sanity...also to get it done before David's guilt goes away or he gets caught up in the whole "this isn't my fault, I have a disease!" bullshit. 

Oh by the way...our 5th anniversary was last week.  Great.

5 comments:

  1. LOL...wow you are such a bitch. Now you are blaming his "sex addiction" on the reason for your divorce. You are a feeble and weak person. And to think that you call yourself a strong person (based on your writing you have a massive ego). Now you are using the possibility of his "disease" against him. wow you are a total bitch. 5 years haha, well just goes to show either a) you are a massive rententive bitch b) you think too highly of yourself c) you abused your husband mentality and deprived him physically d) you're just a horrible person or e) all of above and you're probably going to become a slut.

    you are an act first retard who can't take criticism, and doesn't listen to begin with. I actually think it would be a good thing for your ex-to-be-husband to get away from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous. I wish you the best in the recovery for your problems. All I can do is work on myself. Hope you keep reading and looking and find what it is you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can file your divorce with better reason why are you using such an cheap tactics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like all laws, divorce laws vary from state to state. Our state requires one year seperation with or without kids. Two states over you can file ASAP with no separation time. There may have been mental abuse too but with all of the info I have on David's addiction indignities was more clear cut. My state does not count non physical sexual infidelity as infidelity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any one can contact a better expert divorce lawyer who can help you and can suggest many idea which is acceptable in your state and you can get divorce.

    ReplyDelete