Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My day in the chair...

Saw my new psychiatrist.  I guess new is not the word...never had one before.  Saw my first psychiatrist today.  Went well.  Didn't cry as much as I did when I saw the therapist a couple weeks ago. 

I like that he wants to get David into a doctor to deal with his anxiety and SA problems and that it won't be him due to a that being a conflict of interest.

I like that he helped make the session about my healing and then get him help on his own.

I like that he told me it was ok to be un-trusting and snoopy and that will take time to get over. 

I like that he made me feel less alone.  He said David's problem is becoming more and more common.

I like that from the little he heard about David he agrees that he probably has an anxiety disorder and we are taking the right steps towards getting better.

I like that he didn't assume we will "make it through this".

I also have night terrors (if you don't know what those are in comparison to nightmares go here.  I also sleepwalk.  I also have a habit of falling asleep in repetitive tasks.  So aside from my depression I was a smorgasbord for this doctor. 

He said he had never seen an adult with night terrors.  My dad also sufferers from them so I figured it was common.  From what I have read only about 5% of adults suffer from night terrors.  My husband used to use this condition as a way to sleep in other bedroom and avoid time with me at night. 

He also gave me the name of a local certified sexual addictions therapist.  This one is not on my insurance plan so I am terrified how much it will cost.  But maybe if we put a price on healing David will see value in it and invest more in it. 

My brain hurts.  Have a phone interview today.  Gonna zone out for a while before the call. 

No comments:

Post a Comment