Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Since the shock

It has been three long weeks since the day of discovery for me.  Every day is different and every day is a struggle.  I have confided in a few very close friends but if we told our families they would never be able to forgive him.  My sister went through a very bad divorce with her first husband and even when they tried to work it out I vividly remember my mom telling me she hoped they didn't make it because she would never be able to forgive him.  I learned that some things can not be unsaid.  I may be able to forgive my husband (we will call him David) but our parents wouldn't be able to.

His therapy is going well.  He is seeing a general counselor but he initiated it and feels comfortable meeting with her.  She has suggested he attend SAA and he is doing anything to try to save what we have.  So many husbands are in denial...at least David has realized the gravity of the situation. 

I also met with his therapist and it was horrible.  An hour of crying and reliving those first days.  All day I felt horrible but the next day I did feel better like after a hard workout.  Talking with the few friends that know has help a lot and I am blessed to have people who will just listen and not judge or give advice.  A sounding board is so needed at a time like this.  I know I can just call them and vent and feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment